Thursday, November 27

on that hairy subject...

excuse the intentional pun..

i had a hair cut like 4 days back... it's really long overdue...with my hair that seems to have a life of its own (cake can and will attest to that)..the moment i take off my tudung, the same old proclaim "Wahhh...lambut lu manyak aaa." Note that this has happened eversince the first my mom brought me to a hairdresser donkey years ago... I breathe in deeply n said "yes" as though my head has been forever wrapped in tudung and it was also my first time seeing it. duh~

The next question which guarantee follows that will be..."Lu orang apa?"

Just for the fun of it i wanted to say Orang Laut , Orang Perempuan ker.... sigh... and I played along.." I'm indian". That's the opening of what transpires below:

Barber: Oooo.... butulka? Lu cakap Malay... Lu tak cakap Indian? Lu tarak tengok maciam Indian (Now she's questioning my heritage)

Me: Betul laah.. Gua tak bohong. Lu mau tengok gua punya IC?

Barber: Eh..No laahh.. I ask only... Pasal u tengok macam Malay... But your hair manyak wooo... Lu letak minyak ka kasi manyak?

Me: Taklah... ini natural...Ok sekarang gua mau potong sampai pendek...

Barber: APA?! Lu tarak sayang mau buang ini manyak lambut? Gua trim sikit lah, nanti lu buleh ikat lagi manyak cantik..

Me: Tak maulah Nya... Gua mau pendek... manyak hot laa...gua pakai tudung lagi. Orang tarak nampak kalau gua botak pun.

The hairdresser laughs and resumes the necessary ritual needed to prep hair for cutting... Seriously for a minute there I was tempted to go commando..but then wait my hubby heart attack plak so i decided to let it go. All throughout the cutting process she kept "tsk-tsking" and muttering out loud enough for me to hear: "Ini maciam manyak lambut, ada bagus lor". Maybe she was hoping I would change my mind...sorry lah sister, aku yg kena jaga ini lambut manyak...tak sanggup beb!

The moment it was all over, I heaved a big sigh of relief... I can finally see my ears feel the aircon on my cheeks/neck without any obstruction and my head is considerably lighter.. I might have even lost a bit of weight..muahahaah...Most importantly hubbi approved. He said better to maintain that way. Like this, my "hair accidents" such as termakan rambut, tertarik rambut dan apa-apa yg sewaktu dengannya could be minimised...

Here's to me and my fuzz-free hair!!!

(p.s. need to credit my multiply-mate dandy for this hair idea for my blog, thanks babe!)

No comments: